Fabrica Architects strive for excellent thermal performance in the design of our projects and through consultancy services to contractors, clients and design professionals on building performance and regulatory requirements.
As TGD Part L, 2011 Building Regulations has increased elemental thermal performance and reductions in C02 emissions, heat loss due to thermal bridges has become increasingly important to quantify for use in DEAP in Ireland and SAP, SBEM in the United Kingdom.
Studies have shown that inadequate detailing at junctions can result in significant heat loss through the building and reduce U-Values to a level below the requirements of the building regulations, thereby impacting on certification under BC(A)R 2014.
All calculations are carried out to the following: BR497 convention, BR443, ISO 10211, ISO 6946 & ISO 13370 using Psi-Therm software
PART L ADVISORY
- Calculation of building element U-Values to IS EN ISO 6946 & ISO 13370
- Calculation of window & door U-Values to DIN EN 10077-1
- Preparation of preliminary DEAP compliance calculations and report
- 2d heat flow analysis to determine linear thermal bridge calculations to ISO 10211
- Surface condensation risk and temperature calculations
- Prelimindary calculations for low temp UFH, including fabric heat loss, ventilation heat loss and design heat loss
- Calculations of window/floor ratios for Part L 2011 Compliance
- Renewable technologies advice and compliance calculations
Holfeld House, 2 - 4 Merville Road, Stillorgan,
Co.Dublin, Ireland, A94 E3F8
Company No: 529037 | Vat No: IE 3275485TH